1) This will be our first time in Istanbul and we’d like to know what we should visit and the good deals ( tram, taxi, places to eat etc). Our hotel is in Fatih. Thanks
Hi There welcome to Istanbul 🙂
– See these in order and do not leave Istanbul without seeing these
1 – Dolmabahce Palace
– About : This palace was built in the mid 1800s to replace an earlier structure that was made of wood. The new palace incorporated sixteen separate buildings with stables, a flour mill and a clock tower among them.
– Suggested duration: 2-3 hours
2 – Hagia Sophia Museum / Church (Ayasofya)
– About : This architectural marvel displays 30 million gold tiles throughout its interior, and a wide, flat dome which was a bold engineering feat at the time it was constructed in the 6th century.
– Suggested duration: More than 3 hours
3 – Sultanahmet District
About : The old section of Istanbul where you can find many attractions including Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque.
– Suggested duration: More than 4 hours
4 – Suleymaniye Mosque
About : Famed architect Sinan built this majestic structure for one of the greatest rulers of the Ottoman Empire. Although this mosque is less ornate, there are many similarities between it and the Hagia Sophia since the same architect was responsible for both.
– Suggested duration: < 1 hour
5 – Topkapi Palace
About : This enormous palace was the Imperial residence of Ottoman sultans for almost 400 years. Although much of the palace is not accessible, the daily tours of the Harem are of great interest to tourists.
– Suggested duration: 1-2 hours